Call for proposals: 2023 IALE World Congress
The International Association for Landscape Ecology (IALE: https://landscape-ecology.org) invites proposals for the 2023 World Congress. The IALE World Congress is the premier event for landscape ecologists worldwide and regular attracts ~1000 attendees. The event lasts one week and must include plenaries, symposium, oral sessions, posters sessions, a social dinner, and field trips.
IALE is committed to providing the fullest support possible for hosting the event including loans, direct travel support for young scholars, processes and procedures developed over the past 20 years, program assistance, registration, etc. We encourage all interested parties to submit a proposal, particularly regions who have not previously hosted, such as Africa and Latin America. Bids are due by January 1, 2021.
- All proposals must be routed through an IALE national or regional chapter. We will not accept bids directly from individuals, academic/research institutions, or private companies.
- Please provide details about the city, transportation options, and local amenities (e.g. locations for field trips).
- Provide potential venues, the name of institutional (s) support (not sponsors), and name of potential conference chair/co-chair
- Provide an overview of the meeting management structure. Will there be support from an events company?
- Please provide details about meeting sustainability efforts: How can we reduce our meeting footprint?
Please provide your proposal as a PDF file to Robert Scheller, IALE President.